Tuesday, January 25, 2011

On Being a Foster Parent: Karen's philosophy of care

I work in community mental health and have opportunity to meet and work with a lot of foster parents. I tell them it is one of the toughest jobs in the world, in my opinion, and I admire them greatly.
 
When I was visiting the Tacoma Invaders first day of practice to say hello to Coach Charles and introduce him to my Baha'i friend Henri, visiting from Portland, I had a chance to learn something about Karen, administrator par excellance of both the Invaders Football Club and the Upper Tacoma Youth Athletics Tigers little league football team. She and her husband, Coach Will, are foster parents. Here is her sharing her philosophy about caring for foster kids. -gw
 
 
 

Posted via email from Baha'i Views

No comments: