Wednesday, August 11, 2010

On What If I Am a Baha'i: Then no, you can't go

 
Over coffee and pastries he was very optimistic that I should have no problems coming in and leaving, even as a journalist covering the elections, things were not so bad he said. His writing reflected a realist and positive view on Iran's political development. "Things are changing, the government is changing," I've heard him explain more than once to crowds at book signings.

I didn't want to press him too much but I had a specific concern: What if I am a Baha'i?

"Can you be proven to be a Baha'i?" He asked, "By the authorities in Iran?"

I told him I had published a story once in an interfaith college newsletter in undergrad that mentioned in the tagline that I was a member of the Baha'i faith.

"Then no, you can't go. Get that article off the server at the college before you ever think of going."

 
Above and below, Huffington posts that mention Baha'i. -gw
 

Posted via email from Baha'i Views

No comments: