Thursday, July 08, 2010

On Buy the Baha'i-themed Albums: Give them to your friends.

 
I love all forms of music and the musicians who create music. It all furthers the Cause of Baha'u'llah in one way or another.
 
I have a special love for Baha'i musicians and the music they make. In my mind I divide their albums into three categories: no overt Baha'i content, some overt content, and all-Baha'i content. It's all good, but I deeply admire those musicians who are able to produce albums with songs that are overtly Baha'i.I loved having a tune I can play at Feast or a core activity, and say, "Yes, these are Baha'is, and aren't their songs great!"
 
Jeff and Maya Bonhoff's Mobius Street has "Remover of Difficulties." You know what that is about. Laura Harley's 2006 album has "The Ninth Night" about Baha'i pilgrimage. Kiskadee's 2005 album Don't Look Back has "God Sufficeth." Leonor Dely's Amame is all Hidden Words of Baha'u'llah. Allesandro's Everlasting Fire is entirely Baha'i-themed, as is TaliaSafa's Attract the Hearts.
 
New Baha'i Charles in our community has got to have "Praise His Name: Out of the Darkness and Into the Light," by Walter Heath. From beginning to end it is an edifying deepening in a musical form that both he and I strongly identify with. Next time I see Charles I'm going to give him my copy, and get myself another one.
 
All of the albums mentioned here are available from CD Baby.
 
Producing songs and putting out albums doesn't come cheap, which is why Baha'is should, as a matter of course, in my humble opinion, buy the Baha'i-themed albums put out by Baha'is and give them to their friends. -gwd

Posted via email from baha'i music

No comments: