Sunday, April 11, 2010

On Getting to 9: Lisa did



On getting to nine. Lisa did.

You know the Jimi Hendricks song "If 6 Was 9":


Yeah)
(Sing a song, brother)
If the sun refused to shine,
I don't mind, I don't mind.
(Yeah)
If the mountains fell in the sea,
Let it be, it ain't me.
Got my own world to live through
And I ain't gonna copy you.

Now, if 6 turned up to be 9,
I don't mind, I don't mind.
If all the hippies cut off their hair,
I don't care, I don't care.
Did, 'cos I got my own world to live through
And I ain't gonna copy you.

White-collar conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me.
They're hoping soon my kind will drop and die,
But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high . . . HIGH!

Hah, hah
Falling mountains just don't fall on me
Point on mister Buisnessman,
You can't dress like me.
Nobody know what I'm talking about
I've got my own life to live
I'm the one that's gonna have to die
When it's time for me to die
So let me live my life the way I want to.

Yeah . . .
Sing on brother,
Play on brother . . .




There are undoubtedly lots of ways to interpret it. Baha'is will have a positive spin to it, certainly. Six has turned out to be nine. The sun has refused to shine; the mountains have fallen in the sea. You don't have to copy people; you can be your own self. Hippies have cut off their hair. You can wave your freak flag high. It's OK. We're all freaks anyway. It's time for all of us to die to self. Sing on brother/sister. -gw

Encyclopedia Article: Buddhism and the Baha'i Faith

The Baha'i writings are full of statements about the nothingness of self. ... they must die to their self and extinguish all attachments to this world of ...
bahai-library.org/encyclopedia/buddhism.html -


Posted via email from baha'i music

No comments: