Friday, March 12, 2010

On I'm a Fan of MHeister: 95 fans

Being spiritual and being religious are both part of being in relationship with God. Neither can be fully realized without the other. Religion without spirituality becomes a dry list of dogmatic statements divorced from the life of the spirit. This is what Jesus warned against. Spirituality without religion can become a self-centered complacency divorced from the wisdom of a community.

That's what I'm warning against.

 
Rev. James Martin, S.J., writes In Defense of Religion on Huffington Post. I'm a fan of commenter MHeister. -gw
 
mheister I'm a Fan of mheister I'm a fan of this user 95 fans permalink
 
photo Or is that you've never stopped to listen?

From the Baha'i Writings: "Love Me (God), that I may love thee. If thou lovest Me not, My love can in know wise reach thee."

 

Posted via email from Baha'i Views

1 comment:

Michael Heister said...

You caught me. :)