Wednesday, March 24, 2010

On Baha'i Party People: Peaceful belly-dancers


A couple of weeks ago I was privileged to attend a party in celebration of the Baha’i ‘intercalary days’. These are the ‘leftover’ days at the end of the Baha’i calendar and are celebrated much the same as we celebrate the New Year, but with ... no alcohol… The celebration was a real family event, and all the kids had a ball playing in the pool while the adults sat around eating all the wonderful food which was provided by the hosts and some of the guests; chatting and generally enjoying each others company and a pleasantly warm afternoon. These are genuinely very friendly people and I had some very pleasant conversations with people I’d never even met before. ... All in all, a good time was had by all and I must say that Baha’i parties are undoubtedly the most peaceful ones I’ve ever attended!

http://pigsarms.com.au/2010/03/22/a-bahai-new-year/

Belly dancing was a featured activity at this party in Australia. How do Baha'i parties compare to, say, Mardi Gras. See self-described "Bohemian Baha'i" Steve's pics.-gw

Check out my Rio De Janeiro Carnival slideshow, complete with samba music:

http://gallery.me.com/steveboone9#100141



Posted via email from baha'i music

No comments: