Tuesday, February 02, 2010

On Gardening Tips: Seeds endowed with potentialities such as had never been known in history

 
Folks, My lawn guy says my lawn is dying and if I don't re-sod it soon, I'll have no lawn left. Re-sodding will be $700 (YIKES!) as I was told I will need seven (7) pallets of sod at $100/each.

In this economy, I can't spend $700 on grass. What are my options? Can I plant seeds? One advantage of seeds (other than cost) is that I won't have an unlevel lawn....or have to spend a ton of time/$$$ removing dirt. I imagine you can't just plop sod down on top of grass...you have to dig away some dirt so the final lawn is all at one level.

I looked everywhere for St. Augustine grass seeds...and was told you CAN'T GROW St. Augustine from seed? OK, so I found Bahai Grass. It is not a perfect match but better than a batch of plain dirt, no?

Are there downsides to planting Bahai seeds on a St. Augustine Lawn? Any advice for doing so?

 
I hear that Baha'i seeds will grow just about anywhere. -gw
 
The seeds which ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s ceaseless activities so lavishly scattered had endowed the United States and Canada, nay the entire continent, with potentialities such as it had never known in its history.
 
 
 

Posted via email from Baha'i Views

No comments: