Sunday, January 31, 2010

On My Website Is the Internet: More true today that ever before

Pioneer Baha'i blogger Barney is going to take a break from Barnabas Quotidianus...
 
Blogging has become kind of mainstream – not that that is necessarily a bad thing – but I feel that social networks are where it’s at right now.

BQ will remain on display for a time, but will join the legions of inactive blogs that are sitting on the web.

Find me elsewhere…

If you want to keep up with me, my life, my doings, my thoughts (not sure why you would, but just in case), you can find me on:

By the way, I can highly recommend Posterous as a blogging tool. It is both powerful and flexible and links into your Facebook page, Twitter, your blog, etc (if you want it to). It also stands very well by itself.

 
I certainly agree with Barney that social networking is the the dominant force on the Internet right now, and personal blogs have lost their lustre as being cutting edge. I would argue,however, that it doesn't matter how Bahai's choose to utilize the Internet, because now searches can instantly put us in touch with everything that appears using the keyword "Baha'i" in whatever format: news, blogs, videos, updates, forums, everything.
 
 
We are free to chose the vehicle that fits us best. Facebook, Twitter, and Posterous is formidable combination enough. No reason to feel like you're not doing enough through participation on even one of those.
 
Barney's presence on the internet has been an inspiration to Baha'is like me for years and will, undoubtedly, continue to be.
 
I heartily endorse Barney's recommendation re Posterous, by the way. It is my primary blog now, the way I get Baha'i Views content out to multiple sites. -gw
 
 

Posted via email from Baha'i Views

No comments: