Tuesday, December 08, 2009

On Baha'is and Christmas: Being well-wishers of all religions

 
My colleagues from work -- we are all mental health counselors -- gather after work for a holiday party in the home of one member of the team. We have a potluck meal together, complete with Christmas desserts of the decadent kind, then continue with a tradition of a gift exchange of used books we think our colleagues may appreciate. -gw
 
 
Ayyam-i-ha: A Uniquely Baha'i Celebration - Baha'i
 My husband and I have never really celebrated Christmas because we are both Baha'is. His whole family is Baha'i; however, my family does celebrate Christmas ...  www.bellaonline.com/articles/art55034.asp
 
Baha'i gift-giving season follows different cycle | Bahai Faith ... Jun 28, 2006 ... But in our home we don't put up a Christmas tree or buy each other gifts. We save that for Ayyam-i-Ha. The Baha'i Faith has very few rituals ... www.bahai.us/node/67
 
Baha'is and the winter holidays | Bahai Faith | Baha'i Faith  Dec 18, 2008 ... I became a Baha'i on the first day of my second year in college, in 1973. I experienced my first Christmas ever a few months later as a new ... www.bahai.us/winter-holidays

Posted via email from Baha'i Views

No comments: