Wednesday, November 18, 2009

On Dale Eng at the University of Puget Sound: 22 hear presentation on the concept of God

Rochelle Saedi Rochelle Baha'i Faith Lecture @ UPS TODAY, 5-6 pm, McIntyre 107, EVERYONE WELCOME!! if you have any questions, ask me :) Yesterday at 11:45am


Last night I rushed home to attend this talk. Rochelle (UPS '12) was kind enough to come outside to guide me into the right building and classroom. "Who was the speaker?" I asked. "Dale Eng," she said. "Wow, I didn't know!"

What a great turn out there was. I counted 22. The speaker, three Baha'i students, 15 other UPS students, and 3 other adults, Rochelle's beaming proud parents and me. However, I made a big mistake. Didn't bring my camera. As an alternative, I used my camera phone. Big problem there tho. It's my work phone and the message sending function is apparently turned off. So got the pics, but can't share the way I'd like to share. But here is proof I tried.



Dale Eng is Secretary of the Northwest Regional Baha'i Council and author of these books:

Purchase
Author: Dale W Eng
Product Code:
PSPH
ISBN: 978-1-933610-01-6
Other ISBN: 1933610018
Publisher: Exir Publishing
Pages: 253
Binding Information: Hardcover
Size: 6 1/4 X 9 1/2
Availability: In stock.
Price: $21.95
A wonderful resource, and companion to Responding: 101 Questions Often Asked of Baha'is, a thorough examination of the "hows" and "whys" of teaching the Baha'i Faith.
Purchase
Author: Dale W Eng
Product Code:
RHC
ISBN: 978-1-933610-00-9
Other ISBN: 193361000X
Publisher: Exir Publishing
Pages: 1031
Binding Information: Hardcover
Size: 6 1/2" X 9 1/2" Inches
Availability: Out of stock. Backorder policy Out of Stock Next Release Date: December 17, 2009
Price: $49.95
The deeper issues involve logical arguments, numerous quotations and/or various facts from physical or social sciences, and thus may appear rather formal or academic. Auseful tool and I highly recommend for deepening sessions. How can we know if there is a God? Can the existence of a Creator be proven? Where is God when bad things happen to good people? How can Baha'u'llah prove His claim to be a Manifestation of God? With responses to these and 97 other questions, Responding is a wonderful reference for many questions asked of Baha'is about the Baha'i Faith, and it's teachings. A companion to A Privilege So Priceless.

http://www.bahaibookstore.com/contributorinfo.cfm?ContribID=7749

Posted via email from Baha'i Views

No comments: