Thursday, March 13, 2008

On Real Name Attribution: More on living transparently


In Googling my Baha'i friend Barmak today to find out more about this nice guy, I discovered, among other things, that he has written 15 book reviews for Amazon and is an Amazon Real Name. What, pray tell, is that, you ask? Well, it has to do with living transparently, a subject upon which I have posted recently. -gw

A Real Name attribution is a signature based on the name entered by ... the author [that] represents this name as his/her identity in the "real world." An author willing to sign his or her real-world name on a piece of content is essentially saying "With my real-world identity, I stand by what I have written here." A Real Name attribution therefore establishes credibility.

+
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=14279641

"With my real world identity, I stand by what I have written" -- Gosh, that has a nice ring to it, a way to measure bloggers and their blogs, Baha'is and their world. -gw

In my own words
I work for an international relief and development NGO called IMC. I have many interests, from Anthropology to Zoology. I was born in Shiraz, Iran (Persia) in 1969, or 1347 according to the Persian calendar. - Barmak Kusha

No comments: