Monday, March 17, 2008

On Fixing Christianity: God beat you to it

In this open source world, convert thyself. As for fixing Christianity, God beat you to it. -gw

Let's Fix Christianity
Stardate: St. Patrick's Day 2008, 5:18 AM. Rolled in from PyCon 5 hours ago, brain buzzing. 1100 people this year, 600 last year. ... I've said before that the Church has a lot to learn from open source, and PyCon inspired me again in that direction. ...

Christians need to convert themselves. Jessica and I have three kids. In raising them, I am learning myself to say "please" and "thank you." Not to grab things out of their hand. To help clean up the living room. My friends in Python are all over the map, from born-and-raised Atheist to apathetic to capitalist to Baha'i, Buddhist, Mormon, etc. I've known these people for five years now, some of them. I try as hard as I can not to start conversations about religion. But consistently, when we are together and drinking at two in the morning, what do you think many of them want to talk about? Some even want to keep talking the next day!

whit537
Blog Homepage My name is Chad Whitacre. I am the Webmaster and Director for Information Technology at the Anglican Communion Network. I write free software, and I am religious. http://blag.whit537.org/2008/03/lets-fix-christianity.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Touché. :^P