Sunday, March 02, 2008

On Celebrating Ayyam-i-Ha: The 12th thing I've never done before in 2008

Dan Myers, who is on faculty at Notre Dame, played Scrabble with a 10-year-old during an Ayyam-i-ha party. Attending anything Ayyam-i-Ha was a first for Dan, the 12th first of 2008. -gw

Yesterday, I attended a celebration of Ayyam-i-Ha at a friend's home. Ayyam-i-Ha is associated with the Baha'i faith .... Game-playing was the central activity at the Ayyam-i-Ha party I attended, and Michaela and I got down into a pitched battle of word making. I, having played so much Scrabulous lately, assumed that I would easily be able to beat a 10 year old, but very close to the end of the game, she plunked down "alight" on a triple word score square and tied the thing up! ... If you are keeping track, this is the 12th "thing I've never done before" of 2008.

Dan, "2008 50 #12," Blue Monster -- Where Thinking Ends and Over-Thinking Begins
+
{Image: "Scrabble tile letters," uploaded on February 1, 2007 by Leo Reynolds on flickr, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic}

No comments: