Sunday, February 03, 2008

On Wanting to Know Why Lori Became a Member of the Baha'i Faith: Kinky Gazpacho

Kinky Gazpacho could have been longer. I wanted to know more about both Lori’s and Manuel’s families. And I thought there should have been some mention of when and why Lori became a member of the Baha’i faith just to satisfy the reader’s curiosity. (My best friend’s fiance is half-Persian and I’d never heard of the Baha’i faith until they started dating.) I would have also liked to read more about how Manuel adjusted to life in New York, and later in Philadelphia. Minor quibbles, really. And of course all these missing details leave room for another memoir. Kinky Gazpacho hasn’t changed my mind about Spain, but I really enjoyed reading it. Definitely recommended.

http://karensiplin.wordpress.com/2008/02/03/kinky-gazpacho/

Well, this has me curious, too. -gw

No comments: