Wednesday, February 13, 2008

On the Job: Not Being Afraid to Say He's a Baha'i

John is not afraid to say that he is a Baha'i. I think of the wonderful Baha'i Newsreel that was shown at our last Feast where the believers in the town in Michigan had felt shut down to the idea of even bringing up that there are Baha'is, but have come alive with the Institute Process. More and more Baha'is are coming out of their shell, putting aside their fears, and letting their neighbors and co-workers know that they are Baha'i. During "check-in" during our last team meeting where I work, I mentioned the wonderful Baha'i study circle experience I had had the night before. These are co-workers, mind you, not all of whom knew that I am a Baha'i. -gw

LATI: Here we go!
Greetings, everyone! It's a pleasure to jump on board for the journey and participate in this learning process with you all. My name is John Watson, from the Howard County Library, and I serve as the Support Services Manager for our system. What I like best about my job is working with folks to get things done and make things happen. Listening, observing, questioning, negotiating, consulting, orchestrating, and bringing projects through to completion are the processes of my job I enjoy especially. One thing about me that is non-job-related is that I am Baha'i. As with anything else, you are welcome to ask me about it.

No comments: