Saturday, February 16, 2008

On Believing in Something That is Ultimately Unprovable: No, I am not a Baha'i, but I admire its inclusivity

More interesting commentary on the PreacherMike blog on religious exclusivity/inclusivity. Kyle wonders if Jeff is a Baha'i, but Jeff is not. -gw

23 Kyle
Feb 15th, 2008 at 8:47 pm
Jeff are you a Baha’i? I just mentioned this the other day in some comments about drawing lines. Just wondering how you found this place.

24 Jeff
Feb 15th, 2008 at 10:33 pm
To Kyle: No, I am not a Bahai, though I admire its inclusivity… I have found after many years that I am simply a theist, a person who believes in a personal God.


Perhaps I have been a bit harsh in my comments, as I find much about ‘revealed religions’ (religions that depend on a ‘revelation’, such as Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Mormonism) to be very comforting and helpful. However, somewhere along the way these same people have lost the natural humility which should come from believing in something ultimately unproveable…

I wish you well.
I found this place by using GOOGLE…


Be Still and Know . . .
Published by
Mike on February 14, 2008 in General
http://preachermike.com/2008/02/14/be-still-and-know#comment-71132

No comments: