Thursday, January 17, 2008

On Talking Religion at Borders: The Baha'i Faith goes up in rank, second only to Coltrane


Here's the excerpt. -gw

My buddy Tim and I were just up at the local Borders, so I could purchase my really expensive copy of Mojo magazine and there was a meet up group of people discussing the Baha’i religion. Seizing the opportunity to finally quench this luke warm curiosity that I’ve had all these years we sat down and learned about the Baha’i religion, and by the end of our discussion I was able to tell them with no guile or venom that for my money of all the religions that I ignore, I dislike theirs the least. Actually, I don’t really dislike theirs at all. ...

So for you all scoring at home. If I were forced under penalty of death to join a church, my ranking is now:

1.
Saint John Coltrane Church in San Francisco
2. Any Baha’i Church
3. Whatever other group has the best music
4. All the rest except:
5. Whatever Mel Gibson is currently into

Here is the email received this evening that goes with the excerpt. -gw

Dear Whoever –
Last Saturday about 6 of us (all Baha’is) were enjoying a conversation at the local Border’s and a man (about 35-40 years old) came up and started asking us questions about the Baha’i Faith. We asked him sit down and join us, but he declined. However, he kept asking questions and finally just sat down and kept it up for about a half hour. A friend with him said little. Anyway, he kept challenging us, and we kept answering his questions. It was such fun. Then he sent a link to his website or blog – or something. So I’m forwarding it to you for your edification.
- BB

He wrote:
Enjoyed chatting with you all and your tolerance for my tomfoolery - wrote about you all on my site

http://bradlaidman.com/uncategorized/i-find-out-the-answer-to-an-age-old-question/

brad

1 comment:

GWD said...

Thank you, Steve, I have corrected the link.