Monday, January 28, 2008

On Spiritual Networking: I first came across Baha'i when I invited Leif inside Orkut

God gave us Baha'u'llah and the ability to create the technology whereby we may come to know Him. Social networking becomes spiritual networking. -gw
+
I first came across Baha’i when I invited Leif inside Orkut. He later on helped network me with some Baha’i within my city, although that is another story to tell. Anyways, I visited the Baha’i forum and after asking what their faith was all about, David was kind enough to give me an answer. One of the main things that makes the Faith real for me is the sense that it makes of the phenomenon of religion. What I mean is that there are so many different religious traditions, organizations, and practices out there, and if you talk for five minutes with people from any one of them you’ll realize that all of them contain not only a great deal of truth but also the ability to transform people. The idea of progressive revelation, that God has a purpose for humanity that is expressed and realized through the progression of these religions, the ultimate reality of which are beyond human ability to put into doctrines or words, gives the Baha’i faith an approach to other religions that is at once deeply reverent of their essence and yet not bound to the limiting dogmatic formulae that have been plastered on them.
+
Orkut Search Toolbar Text User•de
http://taraznjp21.dustdiary.com/
+

Orkut is an Internet social network service which is run by Google and named after its creator, Google employee Orkut Büyükkökten. It claims to be designed to help users meet new friends and maintain existing relationships. Similar to Facebook, Friendster and MySpace, Orkut goes a step further by permitting the creation of easy-to-set-up simple forums (called "communities") of users.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orkut

No comments: