Thursday, January 31, 2008

On the Power of Baha'i Music: All of a sudden I started to feel better

On the power of the Baha'i Writings put to music. -gw

Today on my lunch break I finally had reached my limit. I was physically, mentally, and emotionally drained from everything. I broke down in my car and decided to put in a beautiful cd that was given to me by Leyla. It's a compilation of Baha'i music and writings sung by an AMAZING singer. I parked my car, sat back, closed my eyes and just listened. One of my favorite writings, EVER, came to me all of a sudden. I was saying it to myself over and over...all of a sudden I started to feel better. This one, brief line completely changed the route of my afternoon. I think it helped even more so because this quote is my sister-in-law, Amelia's favorite as well. She even sings it on the voicemail for her cellphone....therefore, I don't read the quote anymore. I sing it, just like Milly, and I think of her.

The quotation is from a section entitled "Good Ideas Must Be Carried Into Action" from the Baha'i Writings, one of mine and Milly's favorites.....

"Therefore strive that your actions day by day may be beautiful prayers."

Debbie
A much needed pick-me-up!
My Thoughts Exactly...
From pictures to people, from recipes to ramblings, from sports to sanity, from thoughts to triumphs.....this is my life!


Photo: Uploaded on December 1, 2006 by _moonpie on flickr, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic

No comments: