Tuesday, January 29, 2008

On Being a Baha'i: Not Arriving, but Striving

Uploaded on September 11, 2006 by oschene on flickr, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic
+
Being a Baha'i isn't a destination, as this aspiring servant points out. -gw

It is important to note that I am a part of the Baha'i community. But, I have come to understand "being Baha'i" to hold a very complex meaning. I feel that all evidence I have reviewed has affirmed the claims of Baha'u'llah to be the Manifestation of God for this Day, and I do my best to follow His Commandments for the betterment of this world and for my own soul's growth. But, to be a Baha'i is somewhat of a goal to be striven for. Maybe never to be realized. In the same way people often speak of approaching God, while His essence is inaccessible and unknowable. So, about me: Am I Baha'i? Well, I try. And I feel most comfortable just leaving it at that.

http://www.blogger.com/profile/04302069597464975860

On my journey towards paradise, I came to recognize the unity of soul between me--a black man raised on just as much Hip Hop as food--, the Hand of the Cause who was a white sports announcer from Green Valley, MN, and the Iranian refugees who left their families behind in hopes of building new ones in faith, being black almost loses some of its weight.


No comments: