Monday, December 10, 2007

On the Philosophy of Abdul-Baha: American Chocolate, Persian Visitor

suecheh is writing with Abdul-Baha'i in mind. -gw

A Century of Thoughts: Public Journal
This journal will look at the philosophy introduced to Americans by a 1912 visitor to the U.S.

All About Me
I am a former biologist, one who has now become a freelance writer. I do a good deal of writing about science and health issues. I also like to write material directed at children and youth. I wrote a short poem in 2001, and then I read about a writer who had turned a simple magazine article into a book. I thought I would try expanding on the story in my short poem. The result is the story "An American Candy Pleases Persian in New York City." That story will appear in an anthology. Information on that anthology can be found in my blog.


Recent Entries
12/10/07
A Look at the Mystery of Sacrifice
12/7/07
An Imaginary Toast
12/6/07
The New York Portrait
12/4/07
A Look at 1912 Humor
12/3/07
The Language of Abdu'l-Baha
12/1/07
Was He True to Life?
11/28/07
Marking a Passing
11/17/07
Prayer Reflects Thoughts
11/11/07
Picture This
11/7/07
Before His Visit to New York City

http://journals.aol.com/suecheh/a-century-of-thoughts/
+
+
He exclaimed: "Here is a black rose!" Everyone present was impressed with a feeling of wonder, which increased when 'Abdu'l-Bahá, distributing a handful of chocolates to each child with a kind word, picked up a particularly dark chocolate and without a word, but with a humorously piercing glance that swept the group, laid the chocolate against the black cheek. 'Abdu'l- Bahá's face was radiant… and that radiance seems to fill the room.
+

No comments: