Wednesday, November 14, 2007

On the Muslim Hip-Hop Group at the Basilica: His close second was Baha'i

http://www.bahaigospel.org/

So how did the DC InterFaith event go, you ask? -gw

I went to an Interfaith concert at the Basilica at Catholic University last night. There were Baha'i, Sikh, Buddist, Islamic, LDS, Protestant (AME), Catholic, Hindu, Jews, and...I'm missing an Asian religion or two.

It was awesome. My favorite was the three-person Muslim hip hop group who rapped "For the Prophets", and the close second was the Bahai chorale - that was beautiful. The Catholics did a polyphony number that was lovely, and the Jewish folk quartet was a lot of fun. All of the performers performed an opening and closing song together, and I really felt the spirit during it. Great experience.

katzamboni, "I Love Living Here," The Chronicle of Katie's Frustrations

No comments: