Wednesday, October 24, 2007

On Unity: Thanks to the Internet I found the Baha'i Faith

"The Internet's Second Wave," uploaded on February 8, 2006 by rich115 on flickr

More and more people credit the Internet with introducing them to the Baha'i Faith. -gw

I became a Baha'i about 4 years ago, converting from Presbyterian. Growing up I had a wonderful experience with my faith, but as I got older I started to explore a more universal religion. Thanks to the internet I found the Baha'i faith, which has deepened my knowledge of Christianity, Judiasm, Islam, Zorastrism, to name a few. It is a fairly new religion but very widespread over the world.

From http://www.bahai.org/ "But First, Unity"

Is unity a distant ideal to be achieved only after the other great problems of our time have been resolved?

Bahá’u’lláh says the opposite is the case. The disease of our time is disunity. Only after humanity has overcome it will our social, economic, political, and other problems find solution.

Today, several million people around the world are discovering what He means. We invite you to explore His message with us.
+

1 comment:

Brian Herbert said...

I think I'll go ahead and add that I found the Baha'i Faith on the Internet as well.