Saturday, October 20, 2007

On Prints in the Sand: We can never get enough inspiration, right?

Tim liked this poem. And Tim has taste.

I googled the poem and apparently it is in public domain. I don't know exactly what blog Tim found it on, but to that blogger, thank you. -gw

Hey Friends - I ran across this inspirational poem on a blog that was linked to Baha'i Views . Who knows, maybe everyone has seen it already. I know these things get all over the internet. Anyway, I figure we can never get enough inspiration, right?

- Tim

------------------------------------

Prints in the Sand

One night I had a wondrous dream
One set of footprint there was seen
The footprints of my precious Lord
But mine were not along the shore

And then some strange new prints appeared
I asked the Lord "What have we here?
Those prints are large and round and neat
But Lord, they are too big for feet."

"My child" he said in somber tones
"For miles I carried you alone,
I challenged you to walk in faith
But you refused and made me wait

You disobeyed, you would not grow
The walk of faith you would not know
So I got tired, I got fed up
And there I dropped you on your butt."

Because in life there comes a time
When one must fight and one must climb
When one must rise and take a stand
Or leave their butt prints in the sand

I always like to include a picture with each post. I only do Creative Commons-licensed photos these days, and my first choice for the photo I wanted to include with this poem is not so covered, butt you can find it here. -gw
+
{Image: "Remix using images from flickr with appropriate cc licenses: Trailblazer by AlbinoFlea www.flickr.com/photos/albinoflea/. And in the very small image in the upper right the following were used:Ephemeral Sea by jahdakine , White Sands by melastmohican, "Honesty" Lunaria also Money Plant by bc anna, Daisy Raindrop by audryjm529. This can be seen full size as Council-as-One. Also the Eagle Nebula by NASA" Uploaded on April 11, 2007 by Caro's Lines on flickr. Image licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic}

1 comment:

GWD said...

Tim provides his source here. -gw

George -

It's the blog you have listed under "What's your Why?"

http://cameronlife.blogspot.com/

Scroll way down to Nov 7 2005.

I confess I did tidy up the details... added a syllable in a couple places to make the rhythm better and gave it the standard poem format punctuation. Unauthorized!

- T