Friday, October 05, 2007

On Having Good Time at the New Muslim Class: Charlie's main fear about Islam is how the Iranian Government treats Baha'i people

"The Mosque," Uploaded on May 3, 2006 by BohPhoto on flickr

A muslim convert invites his parents to the New Muslim Class Dinner. -gw

Sunday was the MCA New Muslim Class Dinner. ... My mom was really self conscious at first because we arrived early, and it was all Muslims, and she was the only woman not in a Hijab. But more showed up. They spent most of their time talking with a recent convert and a Persian woman. At least I think she was Persian, and I think he had converted from Judaism. But that’s based entirely on their appearance. If I’m correct that would explain why they had such a good time. My mom loves Jewish People, and Charlie’s main fear about Islam is how the Iranian Government treats Bahai people. So they may have been the perfect people to put them at ease.

+

No comments: