Tuesday, September 11, 2007

On Working with Baha'i Refugees from Iran: More Emotional

foodinmybag works for AmeriCorps. -gw

I worked with a family from Iran today, just arrived about a month ago. One would think working with refugees from some of the worlds poorest countries would be the hardest part of the job, but I honestly think this was more emotional than most of the other families I've had to work with. ...

I researched their religion. They practice the Baha'i Faith. It's so incredibly beautiful. It unites all the worlds major religions into one.

Mentally I feel tested. I can't believe I am just starting out. I want to go to the Middle East very soon.

+
{Re-posted with permission}
+
"Iran/ a passage to the paradise," Uploaded on April 14, 2006 by HORIZON on flickr
+

No comments: