Wednesday, August 29, 2007

On Religions of the World: Fundamentally the same

FemmePhantom sizes up religion in "Femme's Big Bad Religion Post." -gw

If I had to pick one religion that I identified with the most, it'd be the Baha'i Faith. But I don't necessarily practice it.

You ever really looked at all the major religions in the world? They're fundamentally the same. They have the same teachings/beliefs, but different details.

You want to know why I think there's so many different religions in the world? I'll tell you. It's because whatever God(s) is up there, is infallible. While man, is not.

Yes, I do believe in a higher power. I just don't have a name for it.

But here's what I think. I think that God has tried to send down his message to us repeatedly, but it somehow always gets lost in translation.

The Bible, the Torah, the Qur'an, are all different interpretations of God's word.

It's just that each book had a different author, with a different background, and a different set of values.

No comments: