Sunday, August 12, 2007

On a Christian Encountering Religious Diversity: I had never met a Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, Muslim, atheist, or Baha'i

http://www.denverbroncos.com

As noted in College Transition Initiative, the blog of the Center for Parent/Youth Understanding’s (CPYU) College Transition Initiative (CTI), Broncos' kicker Jason Elam was quoted in a recent AP story reflecting what it was like being a freshman at the University of Hawaii back in 1989 and becoming aware of religious diversity, an undeniable reality of the present day. -gw

I was just this Atlanta, Southern, country guy and went off to college and I had friends from all over the world and with that diversity came a big diversity in faith. And I had never met a Mormon or a Jehovah's Witness or a Muslim or an atheist or a Baha'i. I had never met those people before.

No comments: