Monday, August 20, 2007

On Building Community: Ties That Bind

"Ties that bind," uploaded on April 10, 2007 by quasarsglow on flickr

I take myself into account, looking back over the past week. This evening I picked up Polin and took him to Feast, the first time we have had a chance to visit in several months. This morning I drafted an email to Ethnic Fest seeker Sara. Yesterday evening I found a Baha'i quote to put out on the doorstep for Myong to find when she delivered the newspaper. Yesterday morning I went to the Mormon Church to be a support to Myong who was playing piano during their 9 a.m. service. I hope I provided reassurance to Myong when she came over late Saturday evening for for an unexpected visit with Bonita and me. Earlier that evening I went to visit Robert and Linda, who are in town from Reno because of Linda's sick mother, and also saw El Rico and Tosca who were visiting from Kent. Saturday morning and afternoon I was at the Water Festival booth. Thursday evening I picked up new Baha'i Nick, who declared in San Diego two feasts ago, meeting him just outside the Naval Shipyard in Bremerton, and taking him to dinner at home in Tacoma, where he was able to join us for our devotional meeting, after which I took him down to the Greyhound for his trip to Spokane for the weekend. Wednesday we had devotions with Kay and Judith in lieu of our study circle, as Myong couldn't make it. It is my hope that I have enhanced relationships that lead to the development of Baha'i community life and promoted the growth of the Cause. -gw

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

George, you are a great servant of our Lord and provide us with a wonderful model of how to focus on the "most important work."
Love,
Deb