Friday, June 15, 2007

On Missed Opportunities to Learn About the Baha'i Faith: Stranger but truer

Not every effort that is made to learn about the Baha'i Faith has a happy ending, at least not in the short run. Below is proof, and provides a lesson that is relevant to many Baha'i communities, including my own, where phone calls of inquiry don't necessarily get answered promptly, and sometimes, God forbid, get overlooked altogether. God sometimes uses a pretty motley crew to carry out His Will here on earth.

Below is the woeful ending to one story. Click over and read how it all begins. We Baha'is can resolve to author a better ending to future stories of this variety. -gw

I call the Baha'i hotline again and leave a message for the cheery man. He doesn't call me back. I feel bad. I'm sorry. No Baha'i.

Features:
A Month of Sundays:

The Stranger Sends 31 Writers to 31 Houses of Worship
By Stranger Staff

No comments: