Friday, June 15, 2007

On Baha'i Puppeteers in Ethiopia: They treated me wth kindness and dignity


How fascinating to read this post from Dean of travel4life.org of his encounter in Ethiopia with Baha'is who have started a TV program for children in that country! -gw

I’ve ... become friends with a family with Kansas connections, a brother and sister now living here have married Ethiopians. Shane and his wife Bruktawit create a childrens puppet program widely watched each Saturday morning across the country. His sister Gail and her husband Zelalem run a private school for young children. There’s no public education for preschool kids, so the TV program provides some support for the community as a whole. And the private school started by Gail and Zelalem offers children a solid education and the chance to start life on the right foot.

Here's the web site for the Saturday morning program: www.whizkidsworkshop.com. Take a look and send them a note of support!

Here's Bruktawit and Shane at the studio.

They also invited me to do a presentation at the Baha’i Center. I shared with the community my experiences of traveling the world and the various religions I encountered. They responded with excellent questions, and treated me with great kindness and dignity.

Dean, "One day at a time-catching up!" Travel 4 Life
+
{Re-posted with permission}

No comments: