Monday, April 02, 2007

On Loving Mamas, Families, Cultures, and Communities: bye my bay area, hello my new los angeles

"My sisters"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
as we approach the weekend of our big move down south, i am in denial! of the fact that i'm leaving my beloved home, my bay area that has fit me and my family so well. it's been short in the sceme of things but non the less a sweet experience! i found a community that really became my family. i'm saying good-bye to my beautiful mama friends who have helped me grow and find myself as a new mom. and supported me through all the challenges of parenting. i'm saying good-bye to Jaia's beloved friends and cousins, who he shared these first precious years with. we've watched him grow and change into an amazing toddler, and i couldn't have fostered some of his growth without the help, love, support and brains of these fabulous women in my lives...(not just my mama friends but other women in my world who have been such good advice givers and listeners) thank you!

i'm saying good-bye to my ladies/sisters some of whom have left our circle but their place has never been lost, and now i'm going, this saddens me so deeply, these women (you know who you are) are my true sisters/family who have stood by me no matter what and have loved me without judgement. i love you all in such different and profound ways. i'm saying good-bye to readily available organic natural products that i've come to love.and a greater community of like minded grounded people who really care about child rearing and the betterment of the world- i'll say it! all the hippie, vegan/veggie, granola, negative heel wearing, homeopathic advice giving, knowledge seeking, "spiritual" people that make up this great area of california! maybe i'm being a little to positive but whatever, i love this place and i hope to come back one day and raise my family. and build a green, sustainable house! and send my kids to montessori schools........

with that i'll say hello to LA! where i have great friends who i have known half my life, who are creative, intelligent and just plain great people! hello to a bigger more beautiful house that i will have my second child in! hello to more success for my amazing husband who has made leaps and bounds in his short career! who is so dedicated to me and his family that he pushes himself without complaint to give us a wonderful life. i'm so proud of you baby!!!!! way to be the breadwinner! hello to family - keith's mum, and dad, and many other "family" members who are supportive and amazing people! what a blessing!

hello to hot weather!!!!! hello to a "serious" Baha'i community that is so actively working to change the world that there's practically an event every night in the greater LA area!

i always think back and realize the times i have taken for granted, and i miss them. and at the time i thought life would always be like this, hanging out in ruha and shawn's kitchen having some heated debate while eating great vegan food ruha cooked, as our kids nearly kill each other in the other room. i'm gonna miss everything! love you all so much! thank God we're only 6 hours away.

bye my bay area, hello my new los angeles
+
http://www.myspace.com/razikhamsi

{Re-posted with permission}

No comments: