Monday, March 26, 2007

On the Baha'i Situation in Iran: A View from Teheran

Uploaded on March 23, 2007 by HORIZON on flickr
Jadi, a blogger in Teheran, answers a question from Remi. -gw

I know about Bahai's and their Ideas and their situation. I've never had an Baha'i friend but met some Baha'i people. I think their situation in Iran is one of the worst things in this country and one of my biggest shames as an Iranian. They can not work for the government, can not study in the universities and as you said, they do not have same rights as me.

I can not talk on behalf of Iranians but me myself am against this situation. I think people should be free to choose their ideas and be equal with each other, independent of their ideas.

Let me add something more. When talking with even pro-Islamic people, they accept that this kind of treat is not fair, good or even an Islamic rule. During Prophet Muhammad's era, people had the right to talk about their ideas and live on their ideas (the pro-Islamics say) so we can not accept the situation of Baha'i people in Iran.

No comments: