Wednesday, January 31, 2007

On Africa: Serving and Yearning

"Sarmad, Me, & Mr. Kabisa
at the Baha'i National Centre"
Uploaded on March 26, 2006
by I Give Up On Hate! on flickr

hleyoung has always wanted to go to Africa. Bryan of I Give Up on Hate just got back. -gw

I went to a Baha'i service today. It wasn't a real service--just a Baha'i fellowship/potluck thing. I certainly liked the people. I am interested in learning more about the faith. I think world religions are fascinating, even if I don't really belong to one anymore. We got to listen to a college kid who did a year of service to the Baha'i faith in Tanzania. He did a slide show of his pictures, and it was awesome. I have always wanted to go to Africa....

hleyoung, "I Went to a Baha'i Service Today,"My Invincible Summer: Distractions from Gross Anatomy

I know that I must do what's right
Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti

Toto, "Africa"

No comments: