Friday, December 01, 2006

On Finding a Baha'i Community: They encourage me and hold my hand

Prayer beads in Haifa by manonfire on flickr

Cassandra's grandfather is gravely ill. She is flying to see him. -gw

I'm praying constantly for my Granddad. I don't want to lose him when I've never or barely met him, but I know it may just be time for him to go.

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss a week of school and two Children's Classes. I'm going to be surrounded by unfamiliar faces and unknown relatives, in a city I've never seen before. I'm crossing my fingers that I may find a Baha'i community nearby - and perhaps attend a class or meeting there.

The Baha'is in my community are a constant uplifting influence. They encourage me and hold my hand while I pray.

Cassandra, "Airplanes and Heart Attacks," Finding Me

1 comment:

paradox said...

hope her grandpa gets well soon.:)
thanks for your nice comments and that you read my confessions and you read paradox as well.
it's very very very hard to say everything just like that... it does make you feel light. but it's really a tough job.
i have never made any confession in my entire life, i have never been put in any situation to feel sorry for anything or what i did... but now i feel sorry for the entire life i have lived up to now.
...
yeah i need a big shake to my life and myself... that's why i decided to write as openly and outspoken as possible, though i find it harder than i thought!
sometimes i feel i wanna swear and use curses... to vent and feel light...
but i am censoring myself...
which is not what i wanted to end up with whan i started it off.