Monday, December 18, 2006

On LJBaha'i: Genna's Testimonial

In telling her story, Genna offers a testimonial about LJBaha'i. -gw

About five or six years ago, now, I decided to become a Baha'i. This was mostly because all of the Baha'is I knew were really nice people and gave me cookies, and because all of their study groups I'd attended were interesting and historical. A few months later I realized that a whole new religion, especially one that intended to encompass all previous religions, was too much for me, and I slipped back into Christianity since, I figured, it'd be easier to find God along a familliar path.

In the meantime, though, I joined lj-bahai, which I still belong to because it's pretty much the only place I've found where, every now and then, there's sincere, yet polite, religious discussion.

Genna, "This weekend was a good one," The · World · is · Quiet · Here: The life and times of G, the Minister of Propaganda, who may actually exist

No comments: