Wednesday, November 29, 2006

On X-Men Epiphanies: Seeing the Face of the Beloved in All Faces

Chance wants to change the world. -gw
+

Today i had an epiphany. I was watching X-men III and (if you haven't seen it then you may not understand exactly where I'm coming from) I was watching the part where Jean has killed everyone on the island and Wolverine is standing below her and the view pans out to show everything she has done... and I thought why can't I do that? Why can I not do something that will change lives, something that will change the very face of the earth? I realized that I can. I wish I could do justice to what I felt because if everyone that has seen that movie left with the feeling I feel then the world would be changed. You have the power to effect every person you come in contact with, it is your choice whether the experience is a good one or a bad one, but why not choose good? It's not that hard when you allow the love you feel for people to radiate rather than remain supressed.
+
You know, there is a story of a man asking Abdu'lBaha (the son of Baha'u'llah, the prophet founder of the Baha'i Faith) how he treated every person he came in contact with with such compassionate love and affection. He said that he simply saw the face of Baha'u'llah on every person. This may not have the vast effect it has on me for you, but (if you're Christian) imagine the face of Christ on every person you meet. If you do this then how could you hate anyone?
+


No comments: