Wednesday, October 11, 2006

On Ruhi Participants: Emma's Loving Descriptions

Emma's blog, Billy's Box of Magic Tricks, is a wellspring of inspiration with her stories and even poetry. Emma is a Baha'i youth and a Ruhi tutor. Her enthusiasm for the Faith and for Ruhi is infectious. Read her loving descriptions of the members of her Sunday Ruhi study circle. -gw

This is my other ruhi, my origional group. It is made up of my friends Aaron, Colleen, Kendra and Cameron.

Cameron is a newly declared Baha'i and so beautiful in every way, such an assistance to me when I find myself being pulled into misery, he rocks at showing me light again. and he does it simply through loving me so sincerely and purely that it just lifts me up again and empowers me to work really hard to make sure when I leave he will be able to carry on with the service he is now involved in, junoir youth and so on.

Kendra is his glorious girlfriend whose peace of mind enthralls me as she seems so quiet and then responds to life with such detachment and patience that when she speaks, there is true wisdom in her words.

Colleen is made of enthusiasm and joy, ready to leap into anything, a truly willing soul to enter a path of service. She is studying to become a Minister and is loving Ruhi and the thoughts it gives her and the willingness to express herself is really quite inspiring. She longs to give.

Aaron is like a flower. I watch him every day (sunday) as he spreads himself open just a little more, and allows a little more of his beauty to shine within the sun. I am constantly amazed at the clarity he can share the beauty of the quotes we study, and the continously expressed insight of his. I don't actually know if he sees it, but to me he is truly radiant, and will face life as a star. He's planning on going to Japan in a year, and I cannot wait to hear his tales.

Emma, "Listen to My Life," Billy's Box of Magic Tricks

No comments: