Thursday, October 26, 2006

On the Best from Jess: About these huge praying centers all over the world

"Lotus Temple" on flickr, uploaded on March 14, 2005 by CaritoJames

Got an email from Jess, whose blog has been a rich source of material for re-posting (see here). -gw

George, I know you collect excerpts about Baha'i for your blog. There is an very lengthy thread about the Bible and religion on my mom's board and this was a post made in the thread:

"Btw, Jess, about Bahai, are they the group that has these huge praying centers all over the world? I ask because there is a large building in Delhi India that is shaped kind of like a lotus flower. The accoustics in there is so amazing. My friend took me there and we just sat there and soaked up the atmosphere (and energy). Anyway, the energy from there was so strong it actually made me start to cry with how it was resonating around through everything. I'm getting a little teary just remembering even now years later. (A good kind of cry.) I don't think I've even been in so sacred feeling a place.

Anyway, just wondering if that's one of the places. I can't remember what the name of the organization was, but Bahai sounds right to me as being the one with that place. It was a place where you can't speak inside and they state they welcome all faiths and they have people all day just walk up and sing or chant or something."

Just thought I would share! (She gave me permission to share it with you!)

Best, Jess

No comments: