Friday, August 25, 2006

On Trouble and Suffering: Unless the ground is first ploughed up...

Mary Elizabeth posted this excerpt from the Baha'i Writings on her blog The Restoration of Me, a "blog is about all of the mistakes that I made that ruined my life AND what I am doing to clean things up." - gw

www.tayforth.co.uk/PLOUGH.HTM
" Unless the ground is first ploughed up..."
All the Beloved of the Lord will have great trouble, but unless we suffer, we will not be fitted to receive the Powers and Gifts of God. At the time of Christ and soon after His death, those who taught the doctrine and spread the Light, were persecuted in every way, but those witnesses received great spiritual gifts which those coming after did not receive. Unless the ground is first ploughed up, it is not able to receive the seeds and bear fruit. The tree spends all its powers in growing, in trying to become taller and greater, and when the rain beats upon its leaves, it becomes all the fresher, greener and stronger.

Here are the first 18 of "100 Interesting Things about Me (100% Complete)" Mary Elizabeth includes on her Profile.

1. I believe that God is loving, caring God.
2. Seeker of life and love.
3. My kids are the best thing that ever happened to me!!!
4. I was blessed to be able to breastfeed each one of my children.
5. I have the best family & I love them!
6. My mum is 88 years old and my #1 fan.
7. I was my father's only child and he treated me like a princess.
8. I had two sets of parents:birth parents and aunt/uncle who 'adopted' me!!!
9. My friends mean the world to me.
10. I'm loving and liking myself more and more each day.
11. I love to laugh and when I laugh real hard I snort (yup, just like a pig).
12. I'm not a brave person but I do have brave moments!!!
13. I'm a bit naive at times.
14. I don't mind, actually prefer, wearing rose colored glasses.
15. However, as I get older I'm learning how to be more rational.
16. I'm a laid back, easy going person.
17. I'm a born optimist.
18. I'm a member of the Bahai Faith.


Go to her profile and read the whole list...

{Re-posted with permission}

No comments: