Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My Mid-Blog Life Crisis Comes, Mercifully, to a Quick End

Baha'i Views 2, henceforth referred to as my Mid-Blog Life Crisis, is a thing of the past. I have reunited with Baha'i Views, the One for me.

Wide is back. A wide column works better for me than a narrow one.

Bigger type, better to read. Thank you Anonymous. You are right.

I have carried the several initial posts on Baha'i Views 2 back over to Baha'i Views (the original).

The lesson learned: Don't mess with the formula of the original Coke, I guess.

I will incorporate my effort to meet a higher standard in terms of obtaining permissions to re-post original material with all future posts on Baha'i Views.

About the lighthouse which I had grown tired of. I notice that if I scroll down it disappears from view. That's a pretty easy solution, come to think of it.

For a last look at Baha'i Views 2,
click here.

5 comments:

Rach said...

I liked the look of BV2, but must say I'm happy you chose to stick with this one. I like the larger font and the wider screen. I even like the lighthouse. ;o)

child_of_africa said...

i also liked the template for BVs2. I used the same template as you did for BVs1 on my sino-file blog but i managed to find a way to delete the lighthouse by fiddling with the html. it took a while though and i forgot what i did exactly as it was quite a while ago when i first started that blog.

i think i agree that asking for permission is important. it is also a wonderful way for you to connect with the people you are citing.

i continue to be a daily avid reader of your blog and really get so much out of it.

thanks so much! :)

Jess said...

Welcome back!

child_of_africa said...

i think if you want to remove the light house you can go to the template tab and look for the lighthouse jpg and then replace it with a cloud picture. i think this may be the place in my template where i replaced the lighthouse with one of the clouds:

#wrap2 {
background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/harbor/cloud.jpg") no-repeat left top

just in case you wanted to do that :) if you find someone who knows something about html i think it would be really easy for them to find a more elegant solution.

child_of_africa said...

sorry! one more thing...if you do fiddle with the html please select all of the template and copy and paste it into a word/text document and save it as a back-up before you do anything with it. that way if something goes terribly wrong you can simply recopy and paste the original template and everything will be back to normal.

just didn't want to somehow be responsible for messing everything up completely!