Tuesday, June 20, 2006

On Open Mic Night At the Baha'i Center: "so friendly and rowdy, but in a good way"

I don't know how many Baha'i Centers in the world have an open mic night to which a performer can come and do his stuff, but probably more than one. Here is Justin's experience:

whelp, I'm back from another open mic! Two in two days, I'm proud of myself. The first one was at a Baha'i center, and man! What an open mic that was. The people there were so friendly and rowdy, but in a good way. The room itself was so warm and inviting. It had that real bohemian feel, what with the carpets lining the walls, candles everywhere, and artsy looking couches. Long story short, one of the best open mics I've played at, plus the other people there were real talented too. What was funny was that when I was playing, (I played Plain Jane that night), people were whooping and hollering and having a good time, but then when I went into the bridge, where I sing the 'take the trees and take the sky...', someone shouted out, 'yea! Break it down!'...and I couldn't stop smiling.

Jenton, "The big two oh," Jenton's Ramblings, MySpace

No comments: