Friday, June 16, 2006

On Baha'is in the Heartland: She's Baha'i, Ask Her Why

From the heartland, the town of Sigourney, Iowa...

I'm a Baha'i, ask me why!!
http://www.bahai.org/
Like I said, I'm a Baha'i and for those of you who don't know what that is here is a link.

I just reached the end of the first semester of school and I'm worn out. Between the kids the housework and school I can't think straight. I got 97 and 95 in the two courses I took so now that I'm used to the whole school online thing it won't be so hard next semester. That starts July 3rd.

Back to the Baha'i thing. I think for all of you that have questions about your faith or this one you really should take a look. This is the future. We are all flowers of one garden, leaves of one branch. Mankind is one. When I first heard about the Baha'i faith I almost jmped out of my chair. I was so excited. Being catholic for so many years I didn't think I could get excited over anything but I did. It was all that I ever thought and more. So look if you get a chance. This is what everyone has been waiting for. Do you remember a group called Seals & Croft? they are Baha'is and so was DIzzy Gillespie, Dan Seals and many more. Baha'is don't go around spouting off at the mouth and making you uncomfortable. You call us at 1-800-22-unite

Each day I'm going to post a few Baha'i words and update you all on my crazy house and school. Peace!

iowagirl, "I'm Baha'i, Ask Me Why," iowagirl in school

Visitors to Sigourney will notice right away the friendliness of the community. Some residents have lived in Sigourney their entire lives, and to this day, have had no desire to leave this small rural community. Sigourney is a viable community with residents that strive hard at making the quality of life in Sigourney an important mission.

A member of the National Main Street Network since 1990, Sigourney has completed a streetscape renovation project with new streets, curb and gutter, and vintage lightpoles. Striving to preserve its historical district, Sigourney continues to take the present to the past with building revitalization and upper-story rehabilitation. Since 2002, Sigourney building owners have revitalized three buildings, painted several facades, and have added space for eleven new businesses. New upper-story apartments have been completed in 2006. -- SIGOURNEY, IOWA

1 comment:

Jess said...

She is right- learning about Baha'i for the first time is exciting and gives one hope for the future!