Wednesday, May 17, 2006

On Being Brave: One Soul to Seoul and Back Again

To assist a soul to become enamoured of Baha'u'llah is one of the most thrilling experiences a Baha'i can have. To be that nurturer who is there to assist the seeker from point of initial contact through to becoming fully connected to the Faith through participation in its core activities has its own special rewards in the eyes of God. Adalia has undoubtedly had such favor.

A Korean Temple
About Me
Name: Adalia Ellis
Location: Florence, South Carolina, and South Korea
I am pretty down to earth these days. Trying not to become a cynical person but realistic. I am pretty much at peace with myself.


Shingai- "Be Brave and Of Good Courage", is my Shona name and has become the anthem of my life. I try to live a life that is balanced between the silly and the serious, though both require courage. My life is not an open book but what I do choose to share are small steps on my journey toward bravery.

Florence, South Carolina
Wednesday, May 17, 2006, Getting Antsy: I realised this morning that most of my girlfriends will be gone within the next month. I am a little sad about this. That is part of living in a country like Korea, doing the kind of job I am doing. Everything is in a state of transition...emotionally, spiritually, socially...like I know that right now I have so much to do before I leave but I can't wait to get back to the States and get the rest of my life started.

I feel like I acheived the reason I came here. I was able to introduce the Faith to one person and that person became a Baha'i...instantly involved in the devotional gatherings and study circles. He is becoming more and more deepened..his love for God is undeniable as well as the fact that he is completely enamored with Baha'u'llah. He has been teaching the Faith to his family, which within themselves they have transformed, and now his sister is coming to devotions and is interested in study circles.

No comments: