Friday, April 14, 2006

On Blog Personal Profiles: I Am a Baha'i

I am facinated by the personal profiles Baha'is put together for their blogs. P FOB's latest and only blog entry is on the persecution of Baha'is in Iran. Below is her "About Me". (Before you click on you might want to turn off your speakers tho.)

I appreciate my friends. I enjoy nature but prefer the grit and grime of cities, and the energy they have. I like smelling good. If you put a mustache on me I look like my dad, scary? Yes, a little. I am family oriented. I am a worry wort but, oddly enough, very relaxed at the same time. I can be sarcastic. I hate it when people call "shot-gun" before getting into a car, not because I want the front seat, but because it's stupid. Sunny days make me really happy. I wish I spoke Farci fluently. I am a Baha'i. I love a good cup of tea. I am sick of the cowboy boots look, and don't understand why girls where Uggs with mini skirts; if it's warm enough to wear a mini you don't need warm fuzzy boots. I don't like anything that says: "princess", "diva", "angel", "hottie" etc. I listen to music practically every minute of every day. I love sleeping in, especially if I have a down comforter. I hate hair in drains, makes me gag. I don't agree with men blasting techno from supped up vehicles. I like to read the fine print in CD sleeves (yes, I still buy CDs), production etc interests me.I find society and pop culture interesting. SF and NYC are my favorite U.S. cities. Like most, I want to save the world but don't know how. I admire people with artistic talent and creativity. I tend to stay clear of superficial people. I make people laugh. I've never seen or read Harry Potter. I like gaudy things. Fat animals and babies will probably bring a tear to my eye. I love good mexican food (the east coast just doesn't know!). My looks are sometimes deceiving. I like speaking French and Spanish, as well as Frenglish and Spanglish. People tend to remember me because of my earrings. I like talking. I like diverse groups of people. I believe in the will of God. I think humility is an important virtue. I like most people. I have a driver's license, but no insurance and no car, MUNI baby! I am doing this to procrastinate, and will probably add something the next time I want to procrastinate. Por favor, do not adress me as "ma" or "gurl". Also, no invites to parties with flyers containing images of scantily-clad mujeres. Merci.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Good tip about the speakers. Oh my!