Tuesday, March 28, 2006

"When the most important work is at hand, let go the important work."

I believe Abdu'l-Baha said this--or at least I've been saying he said it for years. As I mentioned in a previous post, my community is engaged in its fourth Intensive Program of Growth.

What's IPG? It's two weeks of focused attention on reaching out and teaching souls that comes every three months in our cycle of growth as an A-Cluster. Two weeks out of every quarter, two months altogether out of every year. Regular as a heartbeat.

As I like to say, we've had "entry by troop" in previous cycles. Now we're aiming for "entry by troops."

This is a particularly thrilling time for Baha'i Views. There have been many confirmations, and I am grateful for all of the support. But for the rest of this Intensive Program of Growth I am going to put Baha'i Views on hold so I can try to do my part in my cluster.

There are people I need to call and e-mail. There are home-visits to set up. There are firesides to support and one my wife and I are hosting on Saturday to which several of my co-workers are invited to attend. There are teaching teams out and about. If the weather is warm, I may do some teaching from the park bench. And all of this on top of work responsibilties. So I'm going to put Baha'i Views on hold until April 10th.

If I were to post today, I know what I'd post about. I'd do an entry on Steven Fuqua's latest post on Conscientia, his blog described as "one node in the shared network of knowledge," the post entitled "Lessons on Baha'i-Christian Dialogue from a Muslim" -- what a remarkable fella Steven is, highly involved in the interfaith movement as a Baha'i.

If I were to post today, I'd wax poetic about the Baha'is group on Flickr and call the attention of my readers to the photos and images of the likes of Ryan, and Jay S B, where Sanisha's latest and greatest photos just in from China and Miss B's pilgrimage photos can be found. That's what I'd do.

If I were to post today, I would extol the virtues of the blogs of my wife and children--Bonita, Ruhiyyih, Tarazullah, and Rahmatullah, and Annie--and invite my readers to go check them out. That's what I'd do today if I were posting.

I'll be back atcha on the 10th. Keep the light on.

2 comments:

Bonita said...

I'm glad you were able to feature all the kids - I was unable to get into Rahmat's Space for my entry today. Oh Well....he's here!

You could consider a 'departing shot', a nice sunset you're fading into....

GWD said...

Done!