Friday, March 10, 2006

On Baha'i Study Circles: All Are Welcome to Participate

Baha'is are naturally inclined to see what will be in what is. Baha'is don't look to the past, as much as they look to the future. After all, they see themselves as building the Kingdom of God on earth. Consequently, Baha'is are essentially outward-looking, especially with the emergence of the Ruhi Institute process, and welcome all into the core activities of Baha'i life, namely, devotional meetings, children's classes, and study circles.

Kris in St. George, Utah, is "someone who likes to improve things, even if only in a small way," according to his blog profile. In his current post Kris reports that he has filed as a candidate for local County Commissioner. He is not a Baha'i, but six months ago he encountered the Faith and subsequently involved himself in a Ruhi study circle, as can be gleaned from several brief entries on his blog Social Justice Coalition.

Sunday, August 28, 2005. Yesterday I visited a small Fair in St.George, where different religious groups, and non-profit organizations were handing out information. The Bahai Literature seemed the most interesting.

Monday, January 09, 2006. Yesterday I attended a Bahai Study Group. I told them that although I feel they have alot of good Ideas, I don't think I would ever join their Religion, since they discourage Political Involvement. I do however plan to attend their study group, next Sunday.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006. On Sunday I attended a Bahai Study Group for the 2nd time. They gave me some new Literature to read, but I haven't looked at it yet. When I attend their meetings, they provide a very nice lunch.

Sunday, February 05, 2006. Today has been a relaxing day. I discussed some Bahai Principles with some members of that faith, and after that did some organizing on my storage space. Some people say that if you eliminate clutter, that you have more energy. Since I have begun to reduce my clutter, I do feel a little better.

Sunday, March 05, 2006. I attended a Bahai Study Group this morning. I have been meeting with this group for several weeks. We have almost finished studying a manual, that was published by The Ruhi Institute.

Kris, excerpts from multiple posts on Social Justice Coalition

1 comment:

Kris said...

Thanks for including quotes from my blog. You made me feel like a Celebrity!