Friday, March 31, 2006

On Becoming a Baha'i: Not Having to Give Up One's Roots

I clicked over to Google Blog Search and typed in "How I became a Baha'i" and then hit "Enter." The "Sort by date" top item, a blog posted "1 hour ago," is from Becky, who describes herself thusly: "Well, I'm a taxi driver, chef, drycleaner, housekeeper, accountant. Oh, better summed up, a mom! I love my boys (that includes the hubby) and wouldn't change a thing." Below is an excerpt from her entry. The kiddos pictured here look pretty happy with her decision, too.

Last sunday, I signed my card and became a Baha'i. For those that don't know or haven't heard of Baha'i's here's their website... www.bahai.com Lately in my life, I've been lacking something, and I think the majority of the lack has been spirituality. While I've always believed in God, and for most of my life I've been a Christian, there was still something lacking. Dennis became a baha'i two years ago, and through him, I've researched and read a number of things, attended baha'i functions, and everything they're about (so far as i've learned) makes sense to me. One thing I love about the baha'i faith is that I don't have to give up my christian roots. Baha'i's believe in Jesus, and Muhammed, and all the manifestations of God that have come in the past. They just believe that Baha'u'llah is the next manifestation. And so do I. It's a very big change in my life, a very good one I think. I'm very happy with my decision.

"Super Busy Week," Becky's Nook, A Place to Unwind, MSN Spaces, March 31, 2006

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm very excited to have signed my card finally, I've been thinking about it for a long time now. Thanks for your encouragement.

Anonymous said...

by the way, those fabulous little girls in that picture aren't mine, i have the two little boys pictured on my blog. But they sure are cute, aren't they?

Sorry Gnat said...

how wonderful; if you need to chat, i'm on wordpress as sorrygnat; hooray for you!