Saturday, March 25, 2006

On the Baha'i Fundraiser in Shayda's Basement: There Are Thousands of Shaydas

Image courtesy of Hariri Pontarini Architects: The Baha'i Temple in Santiago, Chile, was designed using the new CATIA-based intelligent modeling application developed by Gehry Technologies--The CADALYST E-Mail Newsletter


I don't know what CATIA-based intelligent modeling is. I do know that a remarkable Baha'i house of worship is going to be built in Chile, South America being the only continent without one, and the construction of it will employ the latest in technologies. According to Shayda's MySpace posting there is going to be a party in her basement next month where Baha'is will have the privilege of contributing to cover the cost of the temple's construction. If you know Shayda, you are lucky, because you and your friends are invited to attend.

2nd Annual Young Adult Baha'i Fundraiser!!! ie: Party in Shayda's Basement Current mood: chipper. Category: Parties and Nightlife. ANNOUNCING: April 29, 2006, The South American Soul Train!! 2nd Annual Young Adult Fundraiser This Year for the Chilean Temple!!! Come Dance the night away to the music of DJ Sean "G Diddy" (aka SGD) on the Soul Train as we raise funds for the Mother Temple of South America! Logistics:Cost for Baha'is: $15 @ the door -all proceeds will go to the Chilean Temple Fund. If you're not Baha'i there is no charge. Place: Shayda's Basement. Contact for further info on address and directions email Shayda.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Photo: Shayda and her Mom

Who is Shayda, really? I would like to say there are thousands of Shaydas on MySpace, Blogger, MSN Spaces, and Typepad, devoted and youthful Baha'is, with their lives ahead of them and their priorities straight. Who is Shayda? Read her "About Me":

My fundamental core is my spirituality: the prime mover of my life force.


The Baha'i Faith is a new independent World Relgion; the founding core is belief in Oneness: The Oneness of God, the Oneness of Religion, the Oneness of Humanity. As a Baha'i, I accept that Baha'u'llah, the Divine Founder of the Baha'i Faith, is the Promised Messanger of God, prophesized by all world relgions. I believe in all of the past Manifestations of God, including, but not limited to, Muhammad, Jesus Christ, Buddah, Zoraster, Moses, Adam. I believe that Each came for different stages of humanity and progressively revealed God's Message and Teachings according to the exingencies of the time and the capacity of the people. But as you may have a 2nd grade teacher and a different teacher for 3rd grade, the learning is continually built upon, and it is one school. Therefore, I accept that God's Messengers are our teachers and continually shower Their bounties upon humanity.


Much of my free time and activities are centered around the Faith. I always leave these activities and gatherings spiritually refreshed, reinvigorated, and honestly - happy.


One of the things that I am most grateful for in my life are my friends. Before I became an active Baha'i, I found it very difficult to make friends, true sincere friends. I used to pray to God for friends, I was incredibly lonely, as I have a very social nature. Since I began involvement in the D.C. area young adult Baha'i community, I have had the bounty of making many many friends...people that I admire, people that I love, and people that I may truly call my friends. The Baha'is are the most amazing group of happy, supportive and caring people that I have ever met on a large scale. I am so thankful for each and every one of them. I have also been blessed with some very long standing friends, who have been by my side through better and worse, and very worse!

Another aspect of having wonderful friends, is not only the caring support, but the joy they have brought into my life. In my whole life, I don't think I have laughed as much as I have in the past two years. Having fun is also important, and I have to say, I have never had as much fun in my life. I've done the whole crazy downtown scene, in attempts to have fun, and sometimes it is, but I think it was more of a diversion and social outlet for me than really having fun. Laughing and being able to be myself is fun for me, and I love it.

Shayda, "About Me," MySpace

1 comment:

Bonita said...

I enjoyed hearing about the laughter and joy in Shayda life...just a pleasant place to visit.